California’s solar savings are about to end.
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) drastically cut the energy savings for any new solar installed with NEM 3.0. This drops the amount of solar energy credited by 75%. Utility customers of PG&E, SDG&E, and SCE need to submit an interconnection application as soon as possible to get grandfathered into current NEM 2.0 rates. BPi will guide you through the process.
Get Grandfathered Into NEM 2.0 For Maximum Solar Savings. Submit an interconnection application as soon as possible to get grandfathered into current NEM 2.0 rates. BPi will guide you through the process.
NEM 3.0 FAQs
What utility service areas will be impacted?
How does NEM 3.0 affact your property?
- 75% lower solar energy credits
- 10x less lifetime energy savings
- 3x longer payback timelines for solar to pay for itself
- Significantly higher monthly energy costs
- Increased need for batteries to help offset costs
Who gets affected by NEM 3.0?
- Commercial Buildings
- Industrial Buildings
- Multifamily Properties
- Single-Family Homes